NC State Day of Giving Arrives March 23
NC State will host its fourth annual Day of Giving on March 23, 2022 — a day for the community to write the university’s next bold chapter.
Day of Giving is a 24-hour philanthropic event, with alumni, families, employees and friends of the university coming together to give to the areas that are meaningful to them. In addition, the NC State community makes a lot of noise on social media, participating in challenges throughout the day and sharing NC State memories and stories with fellow members of the Pack.
Last year, NC State Day of Giving set a national record for dollars raised during college and university giving days, with $58,103,657 counted by the end of the day from 14,272 gifts. Donors howled back at NC State from all 100 counties in North Carolina, all 50 states and 23 countries.
Day of Giving ensures all of our students have the support needed to learn, grow and lead.
But Day of Giving isn’t just about the numbers — it’s about the impact those numbers have on the campus community, the state and the future. And last year, thanks to Day of Giving donors:
- More than 30 Veterinary Hospital clients received financial assistance for their pets’ care through the Companion Pet Assistance Fund.
- The College of Education awarded 10 new Dean’s Excellence Scholarships through its excellence fund.
- The GLBT Center, with assistance from Pack Essentials, provided emergency assistance to two students with the first awards from the Spitz Dream Fund.
- The College of Design invited designers from MASS Design Group to lead a project for 90 students in architecture, landscape architecture and environmental planning.
- The Science House’s Rural Equipment and Technology Loan Program served over 500 teachers and 20,000 students in over 30 rural school systems in North Carolina.
- The Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity funded programs with high impact and high demand, such as the Equity Research Symposium, held earlier this year.
Every year, faculty, staff, students, alumni and friends of the university keep the story of the Pack moving forward into a brighter future, advancing NC State as a premier state institution that makes a meaningful difference in both local and global communities. Day of Giving supports programs, scholarships, campus investments and more.
“We’ve accomplished so much at our university and are striving to do even more for our students, faculty and campus as a whole! Day of Giving ensures all of our students have the support needed to learn, grow and lead,” said Brian C. Sischo, vice chancellor for university advancement. “I can’t wait to see what we will do on March 23.”
Beyond making a gift, community members can join in on the day through social media challenges, such as the ever-popular Pack Pets Challenge or the “Red and White Song” Challenge. Check out the full list to learn how to win different areas around campus bonus funds throughout the day.
There will also be a Day of Giving student event on Stafford Commons from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. By participating in fun games at various stations, students will earn exclusive NC State swag, enjoy refreshments and even have the opportunity to vote for an area to win bonus funds.
To save the date or to learn more about how to get involved, go to dayofgiving.ncsu.edu.